What the heck is really working to get loans?
Let’s face it. No loan officer wants leads. What the heck is a lead anyway? Someone who might do business with you IF they are qualified and can do 3 jumping jacks and jump over a broom? See the video here
What we really want are closed loans! Everyone is asking what is working in today’s market? What is the latest greatest way to get deals? Is it Facebook? What about blogging? Realtors?
What I have always found is that the best way to get loans that close is to get referrals from people who know, like, and trust you…and people who know qualified buyers.
I have a lot of friends on facebook, but how many really know me? How many do I really know? What is working in today’s market is the same fundementals that have worked in every market since the begining of time…
1. You have to have a relationship with people. That means you have to get off your butt, leave the cave, and meet with people one on one.
2. You have to solve peoples problems. Sitting at the desk gets you no closer to solving problems than standing in a garage makes you a car.
3. You have to master the sales process. This means you must ask for the business.
4. You have to have the proper attitude. Passion sells. Get passionate, get excited, get a sale!
5. You need to spend your time with the top 5%! Part time agents know part time agents. People who live in double wides, have friends in double wides, and the top 1% of agents know the other top agents AND the people who are qualified to buy and sell!
6. You have to eliminate excuses. Enough said.
7. You have to measure your progress. Go into your day without a plan and don’t wonder why you bank account looks like it needs a bailout.
Sure there are many ways to get peoples attention, but unless you have the basics mastered, you will never reach your full potential.
Now, go make a friend and you will make a sale! I guarantee it!