Hey, Lets go Hang Out with Some Homeless People!
I recently added a new coaching client. I sent him my Top 10 Goals form even though I actually believe that goals suck. Anyway, one of his goals was to add x number of A Realtors, x number of B Realtors, and x number of C Realtors to his database for business.
What the hell is a C realtor? You cousins brothers neighbor who just got their license and works part time at the Krispy Kreme? What does a “C” agent actually do? How many deals could they actually send to you that would really close?
We all know that we are who we hang out with, right? So why would we not hang out with the “A” agents? Maybe, just maybe it is because you have a big fat but! I have said for a long time that if you want closable loans, then you need referrals from people who know people who actually qualify! I believe that fear and excuses are what hold us back from going after the best of the best. Have you ever said this…
- The best agents probably already have a loan officer they work with!
- The best agents are too hard to get a meeting with!
- The best agents are too busy to speak with me!
- What if they give me a deal and I blow it!
Again, I think that you have a really BIG BUT! If we have mentally put a person so high on a pedestal that it is easier to go after people who we consider lesser just to make ourselves feel better, then we have missed the whole point! And while I believe everyone is valuable beyond measure, not everyone lives up to their full potential.
At any rate, I laid the challenge back to my client and here is what it was…
If you want to have “B” and “C” agents that you are going to spend time pursuing, then why don’t we just make some fliers about the $8000 tax credit and pass them out to the homeless. I think we would have just as good of a chance to pick up deals there as we would from a “C” agent.
And if this post wasn’t enough, take a look at this video…
- If you only had 3 minutes in front of a group of Realtors (or any customer)
- Want Mad Speed and Efficiency in 2010? Add This Bad Boy To Your Holiday Wish List and Go Double Wide!
- 3 Keys to get Agents to Send You Business!
- "I'll Hold Myself Accountable" – The Beginning of the End.
- A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day