Interesting Marketing Survey Results from LOs
Recently a client of mine conducted a survey with 32 Loan Officers regarding the effectiveness of various marketing efforts they had been engaged in over time. The survey revealed that the top four marketing activities (those that actually brought in business) were:
- Past Client Marketing-Phone Calls (helpful info, touching base, etc.)
- Past Client Marketing-Mail (newsletters, etc.)
- Past Client Marketing-Email Blasts
- Referral Partner-Educational Presentations
And the marketing efforts that gained the least returns were:
- Lead Generation-Apartment Complex Campaigns (FTHB)
- Lead Generation-Purchase Leads
- Lead Generation-Newspaper/Magazine Ads
- Lead Generation-Direct Mail
This was a small survey sample and of course there are always outliers, but I believe this is a good micro view that does accurately reflect what the majority of Loan Officers have found to be true with regard to their own marketing experiences.
The further away from the target you are, the further away from a sale you are…period! Something to chew on.